Monday Market Sentiment: Cash cattle prices decline
Cash cattle prices declined slightly from the previous week, moving the 5-area cash cattle price down $0.38 to $149.38.
Our panel of Monday Market Sentiment cattle industry experts estimate a greater decline in the coming week at $148.36.
Choice boxed beef was weaker than the previous week, with a high on Tuesday of $226.99 and settling at $222.52 yesterday. This moves the 27-day average down from the previous week to $235.56. Choice primal rib fluctuated throughout the week, seeing a high of $326.42 on Monday, a $4.23 hike from the previous week. The stronger numbers helped boost the 27-day average to $324.18.
- Jolley: The feds have been bundied
- Feeder Cattle Report: Feeders and calves unevenly steady
- Commentary: Honoring service in cattle feeding
- Do steers or heifers produce better beef?
- Defiant Nevada rancher wins ‘range war’ with feds…for now
Monday Market Sentiment: $148.36
Last Week’s Trade: $149.38
This Week’s Winner:
Mike Drinnin, Drinnin Feedlots Inc.
*Click here for contest rules