Monday Market Sentiment: 5-area cash cattle price drops
Cash cattle prices continue a steady decline, dropping the 5-area cash cattle price down $2.66 from the previous week to $146.72.
The Monday Market Sentiment panel of cattle industry experts estimated a decline, but only to $148.36. This week, they project the decline to continue, dropping to $145.61.
Choice boxed beef prices strengthened from the previous week, seeing with Monday’s high of $229.06 up $6.54. The 27-day average is still declining, settling at $232.92. Choice primal rib saw huge increases throughout the week, hitting $337.63 on Monday. The weekly highs set the 27-week average at $327.25.
- Monday Market Sentiment: Cash cattle prices decline
- Jolley: The feds have been bundied
- Feeder Cattle Report: Feeders and calves unevenly steady
- Commentary: Honoring service in cattle feeding
- Do steers or heifers produce better beef?
Monday Market Sentiment: $148.36
Last Week’s Trade: $146.72
This Week’s Winner:
Terry Ryan, JBS Five Rivers
*Click here for contest rules