Cattle Feeding Profile: Darr Feedlot
It's a very critical step from the pasture to the plate - and a misstep can mean the difference between profitability and loss. At Darr Feedlot, their knowledgeable, dedicated, trained and devoted personnel are with you every step of the way, taking it as a personal challenge to feed and market your cattle to their highest profit. Their years of experience in cattle feeding, along with their commitment to continued improvement, give you the very best opportunity for profitability.
The decision to invest in feeding cattle today offers many choices of programs, marketing and feedlots. Your investment should be based on highly qualified personnel with a proven track record who will provide you with the knowledge and service to help you make these decisions.
When you feed cattle at Darr Feedlot, you become a member of the team as everyone makes decisions together. Every employee at Darr Feedlot is working with your best performance and highest profit possible.
Let Darr Feedlot help shape and expand your cattle feeding interests for the future, now.
TOP OF THE LINE FACILITY:
- 40,000-head feadlot capacity with pen sizes varying from 60-250 head.
- Sandy, sloping mounded pens provide excellent drainage and reduce the mud factor.
- Well maintained pens allow maximum comfort and the best possible performance.
- Fence-line feed bunks and continuous flow waterers provide clean, safe and wise use of space.
- Particular attention to detail from dedicated and highly qualified personnel provide the individual attention needed for top performance.
- Personalized programs tailored to fit each customer's needs through the utilization of cattle, grass and feedstuffs.
- Feedback to producer to discuss performance and marketing helps improve total profitability.
- Proven record results in predictable performance, repeat business and most important, satisfied customers.
- Owned by a local cattleman with years of cattle-feeding experience who understands the region and resources available.
- Experienced personnel are highly trained and knowledgeable and continue to learn and improve new methods.
- Predictable performance and consistent results have led to customer satisfaction, repeat customers and new business.
- Preventative programs performed on arrival help to limit sickness and lower mortality.
- Modern and clean working facilities provide safe, efficient handling of cattle.
- Computerized record keeping provides individual animal records.
- Experienced pen riders review cattle throughout the day.
- Consulting veterinarian works with the feedlot and customer to help insure a successful program.
- Member of Beef Safety Assurance Program assures that proper medications are administered and withdrawal dates are met.
-Main feed ingredients are high moisture corn, wet corn distillers, dry rolled corn, alfalfa hay.
- Ration adustments made as weather changes occur.
- Mill and bunk reading computerized for accurate and complete records.
- Sampling conducted on ingredients and rations for consistency.
- Utilizing proven and predictable feed additives for optimum growth and conversion.
- Nutritionist available weekly to formulate rations and monitor feeding performance.
- Cattle projection completed on each pen of cattle allows the customer to plan his marketing.
- Feed bills inform customers of feed and medicine charges twice a month.
- Performance analysis details weights, feeding performance and a profit or loss statement.
- Carcass data on individual pen basis.
OTHER FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Specialists in calf feedingGrazing cattle
- Cattle and feed financing
- Summer and winter grazing programs
- Carcass data collection
- Forward contracting of feed
- Merchandising of customer's feedstuffs
- Transportation assistance
- Cattle insured against accidental death
- Selling finished cattle
- Assistance with risk management
- Forward contracting
- Value-based marketing of cattle
- Locating feeder cattle
- Partnering on cattle
Click here to learn more about Darr Feedlot.
Monday Market Sentiment: $160.58
Last Week’s Trade: $161.04
This Week’s Winner:
Mike Binns, Brookover Cattle
*Click here for contest rules